Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Praise God...His Timing is Always Best!

Yesterday was just a normal day with not much going on, except we were cleaning and organizing clothes (out with the summer clothes, in with the winter clothes) and preparing for my parents arrival. We are currently using the flat top of a pool table in our dining room, as a craft table, etc. However, in our 1500 sq. ft. home, it takes up way too much space! I told some friends of mine a couple months ago that I was praying for a couple of 6 ft. "Lifetime" tables to replace the pool table in our dining room. I love the "Lifetime" tables! We have a round one in our kitchen...they are very sturdy and practical and with a lot of children, this creates a lot less anxiety for me, because the table cleans very easily.;-)

Because we were cleaning and organizing, getting rid of the pool table was a high priority for me, but I didn't want to take it down until we had the replacement tables in hand. So, yesterday after lunch (after most of the organizing had been done), I got a call from someone I did some cleaning for last week. He called to see if I could come in for some last-minute touch-up cleaning. He told me what he wanted done and asked me how much I would charge. I knew the next thing out of my mouth was from the Lord, because it was uncharacteristic of me to be so bold...I said, "I would really like to be able to buy these two tables from Sams (and I told him how much they cost)." He said, "Deal!" I couldn't believe it! I was thrilled! I had been waiting to get these tables for months and now I was going to be able to get them, for just a couple hours of cleaning work!"

Usually, any extra income we make these days has to go toward our living expenses, but when I told my husband about being able to work for the tables, he was happy too! That's also how the Lord confirmed that I had His blessing to purchase the tables.

God is good! I wrote my friends and told them that God provided the tables and they were thrilled too! You see, if I had purchased the tables a couple months ago, I wouldn't have had God's blessing or my husband's blessing. I have made the mistake in the past of purchasing things, only to find out later that I didn't have my husband's blessing to do so (usually purchases over $100). It's so important to keep the communication lines open. My husband and I decided that any time we make a purchase over $50, we should consult each other first. This has proved to be a great agreement...it has helped our marriage! Because I was willing to wait on God's timing (even though it wasn't easy), I was able to purchase the tables with no reservations! It's not easy to wait on God's timing, but His timing is ALWAYS best...and guilt-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment