Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Walking in Faith and Obedience

  Romans 4:18, "Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed."
  Have you ever been in a seemingly "hopeless" situation? How would you handle it if God clearly told your husband to quit his full-time ministry job, with no savings and no other job to fall back on? What about if He asked to to trust Him completely with the size of your family?  What if He asked you to step out of your comfort zone and home-school your children?
  Of course these particular questions apply to me personally, but your questions could be totally different...What if God has you go through the serious illness or death of a loved one? What if He asks you to quit your job to go into full-time ministry? What if He gives you a child with serious health "differences?"
  We serve a wonderful God! The bottom line is, none of us know how we will handle these situations until God makes us or allows us to go through them. The truth is that God is faithful and whatever He asks us to do...no matter what the situation, He WILL help us be victorious in it! All He asks is for our simple obedience. I say "simple," but even though it's a simple thing to choose to obey Him, it's not always easy. In addition, we may think we know what a certain outcome of a situation will/should be, but we serve a creative God! I've learned that many times, God has a different plan than mine and guess what? His plan is ALWAYS better!
  This quote from George Mueller, really encouraged me two days ago: "Remember, the very time for faith to work is when our sight begins to fail. And the greater the difficulties, the easier it is for faith to work, for as long as we can see certain natural solutions to our problems, we will not have faith. Faith never works as easily as when our natural prospects fail."

1 comment:

  1. I am so grateful to have u and ur family as an example to me and mine!!!! Ur walk of faith is so strengthening for us!
    I know that the desert has been hot and dry
    But I know that I know that I know that we have a faithful God and u r in the palm of His hand!!!
    Thank u for going first! For allowin us tO hang on to ur faith. Believe it or not...... Ppl r walking with u...... Following u....... Watching and listening......
    I can't wait to see what the victory looks like on the other side!!! Although...... I can say that I've been watching VICTORY all along!!!!!!
    The rains will come soon! The end is near!
    Keep ur faith
    Keep ur integrity!
    Walk boldly forward!!!
    Don't second guess!
    Keep ur eyes on Him!!!!!!!

    I am sure u are weary...... We will pray for an amazing second win to kick in!!!! :-) run don run!!!!!

    ReplyDelete