Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Funny Season of Life!

This is a picture of me, with my youngest son Joshua (9 mos), along with my oldest son Michael (24), and his new daughter Kassandra Elizabeth! She is our first grandchild. We feel very blessed. Kassandra is beautiful!

It's a time of life that is foreign to me, yet at the same time, it's strangely familiar. Let me explain...it is foreign to me, in that I never knew anyone when I was growing up, who was having children and grandchildren at the same time! It is familiar because God has been preparing me for this time of my life for quite a few years now. He has done this by bringing other like-minded families into my life. And, He's done this by preparing my heart for it. I have to say though, that it was kind of funny last week, when I had to give my grandchild back to her Mommy, so I could nurse my little one!

I am definitely in a minority because very few women I know have been in a season of life such as this, nor would they want to be (or so they think)! I do know that I am exactly where God wants me to be, because He has ordained each of our children and the timing of every birth. I'm so grateful to The Lord for my husband, children, daughter-in-law and now, sweet little Kassandra, along with our extended families.

This is a funny season of life, but it is also full of many of God's blessings!



2 comments:

  1. Lori, you are truly blessed among women! That you & Don are like-minded in your love of children and devotion to God and to family is a rare treasure indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouragement Liberty!

    ReplyDelete